You will need:
For the cake-
1 x cup of hot black coffee
100g x unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 x large eggs
150g x soft dark brown sugar
100g x light muscovado sugar
250g x self-raising flour
120g x plain chocolate (70% cocoa) melted and cooled
1 tsp x bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp x baking powder
3 tablespoons x Greek yoghurt
For the filling-
250g x cream cheese
3 tablespoons x light muscovado sugar
1 x bar melted plain chocolate
For the chocolate icing-
150g x plain chocolate
100ml x double cream
3 tablespoons x honey
For the gold dust-
2 tablespoons x golden caster sugar
1. Now, don’t get me wrong- I know you’re a clean bunch. But the lovely people at Method sent over some new hand products to try and this hand wash is awesome- and doesn’t dry your hands out during the pre-cooking hand-wash, just sayin’. Anyway- preheat your oven to 180 degrees and boil the kettle to make your cup of coffee.
2. Grease and line your tins (ideally a 20cm springform cake tin, but these also work) and place all of the cake ingredients, coffee included into a food mixer until everything is combined into a smooth batter. Pour evenly into your cake tins, and place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes- and until a skewer comes out clean. Leaving to cool afterwards for 2 hours.
3. For the inside cream, add the sugar to the melted chocolate and whisk into the cream cheese, until everything is combined. Spread the cream onto the top of one of the cake halves, and place the other on top.
4. Melt the chocolate for the icing in the microwave for 1/ 1/2 minutes, and stir halfway through. Add the double cream and honey, and then spread the icing over the cake- using a spatula to spread it around the edges until everything is covered.
5. For the gold dust sprinkles on top, melt the sugar in a small frying pan, and once caramelising, pour onto a sheet of greaseproof paper. Leave to cool for 10 minutes and then grind up to sprinkle on your cake.
6. Enjoy with a cup of Earl Grey tea cosied up on the settee- dreamy. If you do try any of these recipes I’d love for you to tag #bakewithliv on Twitter/Insta so I can look at the amazing finished results, too!