A fantastic way to kick off the season, Sebastian Vettel wins the first race of the season by beating British driver Lewis Hamilton.
The last win for Vettel and Ferrari was at the 2015 Singapore Grand Prix.
“I think for all of us this is a positive surprise,”
“We focused on what we had to do at the time, obviously there’s been a lot of up and down left and right in the last 12 months but I think especially in the last couple of months things calmed down and we just tried to do our job.
“Obviously there’s been a big reshuffle, but people are happy, happy to work, working with each other so that’s the key and in the end there’s no shortcut. I think just focusing on ourselves really has been the big difference and the key to deliver a great car, which we obviously have. The speeds were alright both on the straights and in the corners we are competitive, as I said I was able to stay with Lewis.
1. Sebastian Vettel GER Ferrari – Ferrari 57 laps
2. Lewis Hamilton GBR Mercedes – Mercedes+9.975s
3. Valtteri Bottas FIN Mercedes – Mercedes+11.250
4. Kimi Raikkonen FIN Ferrari – Ferrari+22.393s
5. Max Verstappen NED Red Bull – TAG+28.827
6. Felipe Massa BRA Williams – Mercedes +1m 23.386s
7. Sergio Perez MEX Force India-Mercedes +1 lap
8. Carlos Sainz ESP Toro Rosso-Renault +1 lap
9. Daniil Kvyat RUS Toro Rosso-Renault +1 lap
10. Esteban Ocon FRA Force India-Mercedes+1 lap
11. Nico Hulkenberg GER Renault – Renault +1 lap
12. Antonio Giovinazzi ITA Sauber – Ferrari +2 laps
13. Stoffel Vandoorne BEL McLaren-Honda +2 laps
Drivers who didn’t finish
14. Fernando Alonso ESP McLaren-Honda 53 laps completed
15. Kevin Magnussen DEN Haas-Ferrari 49 laps completed
16. Lance Stroll CAN Williams – Mercedes 43 laps completed
17. Daniel Ricciardo AUS Red Bull – TAG 28 laps completed
18. Marcus Ericsson SWE Sauber – Ferrari 23 laps completed
19. Jolyon Palmer GBR Renault – Renault 18 laps completed
20. Romain Grosjean FRA Haas-Ferrari 15 laps completed
Pascal Wehrlein GER Sauber – Ferrari