Antonio Felix da Costa wins the race in Saudi Arabia. He was joined on the podium with Jean- Eric Vergne and Jerome D’Ambrosio who was ahead of Mitch Evans. This was Félix da Costa’s second win in his Formula E career.
Green lights Go! and 45 minutes for this race. Edoardo Mortara locked up his wheels and slammed into the wall with some damaged bodywork but he managed to rejoin the back of the pack.
This year there is a new race format which is only 45 minutes of racing rather than a number of laps. When the time is up, there is one more lap for the drivers to complete before the checkered flag is waved.
Five minutes into the first race the “attack mode activation zone” opened for the first time in Formula E’s history and for this season. what they mean by “attack mode activation zone” is that the drivers have to activate the higher power mode twice during the race, with each burst lasting four minutes.
In the end, Félix da Costa achieved his pole time in the very first qualifying group. The race was held in dry conditions. He used “attack mode activation zone” and “FANBOOST” which provided the fans some additional excitement. Félix da Costa was one of five drivers who use the extra boost of energy in the closing stage of the race.
Results of race
1.Antonio Felix da Costa POR BMW i Andretti Motorsport
2. Jean-Eric Vergne FRA DS Techeetah
3. Jerome d’Ambrosio BEL Mahindra Racing
4. Mitch Evans NZL Panasonic Jaguar Racing
5. Andre Lotterer BEL DS Techeetah
6. Sebastien Buemi SUI Nissan e.dams
7. Oliver Rowland GBR Nissan e.dams
8. Daniel Abt GER Audi Sport ABT Schaeffler
9. Lucas di Grassi BRA Audi Sport ABT Schaeffler
10. Nelson Piquet Jr. BRA Panasonic Jaguar Racing
11. Sam Bird GBR Envision Virgin Racing
12. Robin Frijns NED Envision Virgin Racing
13. Oliver Turvey GBR NIO Formula E Team
14. Felipe Massa BRA Venturi Formula E Team
15. Tom Dillmann FRA NIO Formula E Team
16. Maximilian Gunther GER GEOX Dragon
17. Stoffel Vandoorne BEL HWA Racelab
18. Alexander Sims GBR BMW i Andretti Motorsport
19. Edoardo Mortara SUI Venturi Formula E Team
Ret. Jose Maria Lopez ARG GEOX Dragon 2
Ret. Gary Paffett GBR HWA Racelab
Ret. Felix Rosenqvist SWE Mahindra Racing
The next round is at Marrakech on January 12.
Copyright 2018 F1SweetHeart. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.